Do you take stimulants?
Stimulants are occasionally used to to combat treatment-resistant depression. Having done a bit of research, it appears there are varying opinions on this. It is largely agreed that stimulants can be useful for short-term treatment, while waiting for antidepressants to build up. Long-term use of stimulants to treat depression is a bit more controversial.
If you’ve used stimulants to treat depression for more than a couple months, I’d be super grateful if you could tell me about your experience.
- What stimulants did you take, what dosage and for how long?
- Did you have to increase the dose often, a few times, never?
- What was your diagnoses – depression, bipolar disorder, ADHD, etc?
- Did you take other medications – antidepressant, mood stabilizer, etc?
- What impact did stimulants have – improved energy, euphoria, etc?
- Did you ever take more than prescribed?
- Anything else you think could be helpful?